View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 18:14   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobey View Post
Don't know whether or not I should have added this to the "Protecting the Second Amendment" thread; however, this is new. Just wanted to post this here as an FYI:

House Passes “Red Flag” Gun Confiscation Bill For Ex-Military Members — And Lots Of Republicans Voted For It
The Gateway Pundit September 25, 2021 at 10:40am
This is why Gateway Pundit must be filtered with a pretty fine mesh.

The amendment in question is in Sec. 529 of the Nat'l Defense Auth Act text.

The 2 kinds of military protection order are the regular kind, is somewhat similar to a civilian one, and the ex parte kind. The regular kind REQUIRES the potential subject to be granted an appearance before the military court; this is in a paragraph describing something called 'due-process'. The ex-parte kind is an emergency order that is granted immediately but requires the subject be given an opportunity to appear to contest it in not more than 30 days.

Nowhere in that text did I find mention that somehow that particular Section of the NDAA also applies to "ex-members". There may be some special double-secret class of ossifer that could be affected but not my lane. Sorry Gateway Pundit (again).

I despise the communist slugs and their quislings that insert stuff like that in a major appropriation but they're like scorpions, it's what they do. However, it is getting more & more important to sift white noise out of the mix so we focus on the right stuff. And alarmism from the GP doesn't help.

Now, those damned illegal immigrant Nicaraguan sharks have been making their way up stream through the Corps of Engineer locks & dams so I gotta go clean my bang stick.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote