View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 07:30   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Beau Biden's Brian Cancer & Burn Pits

Beau is reported to have died from glioblastoma multiforme (GM)

Joe thinks it was from burn pit exposure.

I have found very little information supporting the link. Although fairly common (within brain cancers), I found that GM has extensive research without linkage to "environmental" causes. The exception was linkage to Agent Orange (VN era). I did find suggested associations with specific genetic syndromes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEN Medicine

What Is Glioblastoma Multiforme?

Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is the most common form of primary malignant brain tumor, according to the American Brain Tumor Association. Approximately 15,000 new cases of glioblastoma are diagnosed every year, although historically, glioblastomas have been uniformly fatal with average survival only 12 to 15 months, during the past decade there has been a significant increase in survival, reported in many clinical reports and clinical trials with an increasing number of patients living more than 3 to 5 years. The increased survival is likely due to a combination of factors:

Causes of Glioblastoma Multiforme

In most cases, the exact underlying cause of glioblastoma multiforme is unknown. In rare cases, it can occur in people with certain genetic syndromes, such as neurofibromatosis type 1, Turcot syndrome and Li Fraumeni syndrome. In these cases, affected people usually have other characteristic features of the condition that are all caused by mutations in a specific gene.

reference site
Opinions??

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote