Thread: Boot Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 11:40   #14
militarymoron
Guerrilla

solid,
looks like you've covered all the bases i could think of.
a policeman, who was former regular army and TA, had good things to say about the altberg peacekeepers. he wrote me in a recent email:
"I would like to blow the trumpet of Altberg boots - their Peacekeeper boot is great. They're really light, almost like Magnums, but sturdy like a proper combat boot, and very good value for money. As a temperate weather boot, that offers support and protection (they do ones with steel underfoot plates, and also toe protection, as well as "normal" boots in this style) it's very good indeed. I think they're the only British boot company, and I think their flag's worth flying! A lot of guys really rate their desert boot too - don't forget that us Brits have ALWAYS been issued crap boots, so we're good at looking for the good stuff!"
they're made in north yorkshire.
http://www.altberg.co.uk/
their website is down until tomorrow, it looks like. but they're worth a look since they're in the UK. they're bootmakers so you might even get boots fitted to you.

definitely try the danners on before you buy. as other people have mentioned, danners tend to be a bit narrow.
cheers,
MM
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote