Thread: Boot Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 10:49   #12
militarymoron
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Solid
Have you had any experience with the new Desert Boot? I'm trying to take into consideration sweat- my feet sweat enough even in well-ventilated sneakers, and this often leads to me having to stop during short runs to treat blisters and rips in the damp skin. The insulation on the standard Acadia's is therefore slightly worrying.
Thanks,

Solid
the acadias are available in 200 and 400 gram insulation, and uninsulated. i have the uninsulated acadias, and the desert boots, which are also uninsulated. i don't notice any practical difference between the two except that the black acadias has a bit of a squeak in them and the rough-out desert ones don't. the desert ones also have two ventilation holes in the arch and the leather is very slightly softer. i'm a civvie so i don't run in them - i either wear running shoes or lightweight hikers (if working out with a ruck).
i'm wondering - could your blister problem be due to shoe fit and sock selection?
for the excessive sweating, have you used foot powder or a roll-on anti-perspirant like 'dry idea' on your feet before a run?
cheers,
MM
p.s. since you're in the UK, have you had any experience with the altberg peacekeeper boots?

Last edited by militarymoron; 03-07-2004 at 10:54.
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote