View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 08:12   #4
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

I am currently an OCONUS contractor working in the WPSII program. As with the above two gentlemen I don't know why you would give up flight school for contracting. once completed you would make as much or more as a commercial pilot than you would as a contractor.
That being said your biggest detractor against your is lack of OCONUS deployment, specifically to a combat environment. That in itself isn't a complete no go as I just went to the range a couple of months ago with a someone who had only ever been law enforcement in the States. He did have a sniper/SWAT background. From seeing some of the numbskulls on this program it basically boils down to how you can pad your resume and make it look like you did something (in my field psd) related to the job you are going after even if in reality you don't have a clue about the job.

I'd stick to flight school. That's an opportunity that most people don't get. Just my 2 cents.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote