View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 06:07   #3
Pete
Quiet Professional

Warrents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi
Ok I guess it's an inside thing once you get to a team. But why do all my instructors make warrent officers out to be the abused one on the team?

The "WHY" somebody does something has a lot to do with how they act when they get to where they want to go. "WHY" do you want to be in SF? "WHY" did that team member decide to go Warrent?

SF is really a small world where your views on the other MOSs in it are based on your interaction with the people around you. Anytime you hear people talking about others in SF you have to remember they have a limited view of the force as a whole.

That said there are lots of jokes and ribbings that new warrents have to put up with. The interaction between a new warrent and an old team sergeant makes for some good times in the team room. After they become an "Old" warrent things settle down.

When the first warrent course came out I decided I wanted to be a Company Sergeant Major. Another guy in the company decided he wanted to go warrent. He ended up being the XO on my team when I was the team sergeant. He's in my Antigua picture at the team house site. We were a good match at the time.

Bottom line don't base your opinions of SF MOSs on other's opinions. Wait until you get on a team and form your own.

Pete

Last edited by Pete; 03-11-2005 at 06:22. Reason: bad link
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote