Thread: Osut
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 10:46   #2
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Nights and weekends what?

I left Sandhill in September. I would not go there expecting to have alot of free time, this includes Sundays. The only time off we had was midcycle pass at the end of week 9. It was an overnight pass to Columbus, Ga. Not much you wanna see there. For my platoon is consisted of a 4 hour pass on Sand hill because someone was smuggling in Copenhagen. I have however heard stories of some OSUT training companies receiving passes eevery weekend. Looking back on things I am glad we did not.

After week 3 you should come off total control and there will be leadership positions assigned to people in your platoon. There will be a PG, or Platoon Guide, and 4 Squad Leaders. Depending on your DS's and if you are in a leadership position at the time you may make trips to the PX on the weekends for your squad or platoon, but DO NOT abuse the privilege. This means no ice cream, soda (if you cant have it...we couldnt), no phone use, etc.

Any free time you do receive should be utilized to prepare yourself and equipment for upcoming events. After all of your equipment and uniforms are squared away you will have plenty of time (probably 30 minutes a day) for letter writing and BS-ing. Use your time wisely. You will need good time management habits further down the road, trust me.

Nights and weekends...

Good luck.

HTH.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 12-09-2004 at 10:48.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote