View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 20:16   #7
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerNV View Post
I just found this, after 2 or 3 years. How hard is it to just answer somebodys question? I mean come on, I was a young soldier didnt know nothin about nothing, so i come to you guys for help. "use proper english." LOL are you kidding me. Its the internet. Not harvard. GET OVER IT. I guess thats all green berets. I've heard plenty of storys, and met a few. Big headed, egotistical asses.

Thank you for nothing.
From a college admissions officer:

"We had one great line. A young woman wrote that she took a summer course and she meant to say in 'organismic biology' but she wrote 'orgasmic biology' and went on to say it was the best course she'd ever taken. We didn't reject her for that outright, but it makes you look twice."

I would recommend you not take pride in being yet another poster child for those decrying a crisis of our educational institutions. Proper English does count and, whether it is correct or not, is viewed as a reflection of a writer's personal traits - better get used to it and use it...or the frequency and level of disappointments you will face will be great. OBTW - You're welcome and I hope you have a good life in the fraternal order of the black berets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerNV
and i have another question btw...and i hope nobodys asked this. are my chances of getting to go tdy to airborne school once i get there good? i would really love to get the chance to go.
As a former SF NCO, Officer, and Black Hat - in your case, and based on your demonstrated SA in this BB, not likely. But if you do get a slot to attend the BAC, please let me know so I can let them know you will be reporting in - attitudes like yours make their day.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote