View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 14:50   #9
afire87
Asset

The Reaper,

Thank you for your reply...I know the very different job descriptions entail very different careers, but both sound fulfilling. I would never ask for anyone to speak condescendingly about another service MOS. As far as making it to a team, it's "cast or tab" for me. I am giving up a good civilian job and time with my girl, so once I go into the military its full-speed ahead.

As far as UXO and support, from my understanding (however flawed it may be), Navy EOD is the only SOF-deployable EOD unit and work often with Seals, CAG and Devgru. I could be wrong, but I have been told that in these situations, you are a team member with a rifle first, until an EOD situation presents itself. I do not want to play with robots for my career, but I have been told this is not the case. Does anyone's deployment experience contradict this?

Team Seargent,

Thank you very much for that link, I think I actually came upon that page, and went back to search results, not realizing deployment schedules was at the bottom. I will read further from now on.

Pushups completed!

Surfcolt,

True...painting ships would suck if you wash out of EOD, but washing out of the SF pipeline is not something I want either. I don't see being a 29 yr old E-2, E-3 in the conventional army as an ideal scenario for me personally. No matter what happens, I will make the most of it, and if I end up 11B Airborne so be it. I will be the best goddamn 11B, get to Ranger school somehow, and hopefully get back to Selection someday.

Thanks again everyone, I will keep using the search!
afire87 is offline   Reply With Quote