View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:40   #13
hdgb
Quiet Professional

Ruck up

You are all right and giving good advice even the running scientist...
but here is the deal youngster. Ruck up,, put the pill on your back and walk fast.
If you can't pass the 2miler , you don't need to be going to slection to start with. On that subject however do the hills, run your two miler training straight up hill. When the flat comes you will feel like your flying. Ask the boys from colorado about the hills ugh lovely.
Ya i'm old school but the rucksack will make or break you in SFAS,, most men never understand the pain of having that bad boy attached to them for so long. Its mental almost as much as physical. Move with it and love it make it your friend. I've seen many great runners in SF sub 10min guys but after some serious miles under the monster , those skinny little legs buckled like twigs. My opinion is presented for your consumption and that opinion is measure your preparedness under the rucksack. I say this even tho i was on scuba teams and we ran alot. It doesn't take a degree in running science or physical fittness my friend it takes heart ,,, find that and you win.
hdgb is offline   Reply With Quote