View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 21:48   #1
RakGunner187
Asset

Preparing for selection

I'm currently getting my packet sent up minus physical, which I should be faxing tomorrow to my recruiter. I'm hoping we can have all of our ducks in a row soon enough so I can attend selection this winter, January or February time frame. I have been working very hard on my PT and have successfully taken my 2 mile time from late 16s to late 14s, but now I seem to have hit a plateau so to speak. I try to run hard enough that if I had to speak, I would not be able to. I have tried HITT and long slow runs. I think my upper body strength is doing good but my run time is causing me some frustrations. If anyone has any pointers on how to drop some time off of my run, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it won't happen over night but I know that you have to change things up all the time for muscles to grow and gain better endurance, so I think my body is getting used to my schedule of running. I heard that some people have lost some time on their runs when they conducted crossfit workouts. I will be researching these workouts in the next few days and will continue to stab at the stopwatch until I get where I want. Thanks in advance for help sent my way.

Ne Desit Virtus
RakGunner187 is offline   Reply With Quote