View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 00:16   #9
naccout
Asset

I'm not a QP but have been doing research relevant to your issues, I hope nobody minds me offering a little of what I've discovered.

It's possible to get "option 4" in an 11x or 13series (probably more MOS types) in contract, which means if you meet all requirements and graduate OSUT or Basic/AIT- you have a slot available in airborne training- which upon graduation, you're "Airborne Qualified" and likely to get placed on an Airborne infantry unit (82nd, 173rd, etc). Lots of people cite the difference between a normal infantryman (leg) and a paratrooper, some call them "different breeds." If that is the sort of training you want, I would do everything I could to get option 4 in contract.

If you went that route, became airborne qualified, you may even end up stationed at Ft. Bragg. Either way, I've heard nothing but amazing things about all of the US Army's Airborne Units. Most beneficial to your cause- if you were still pursuing SFAS- you would already be airborne qualified, and would save some time, since it seems to be important to you.

That said, although I'm trying to be helpful, I'm a peon, and bow in the QP's presense

-NN
naccout is offline   Reply With Quote