View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:10   #4
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion03 View Post
from what i have learned is that ODA's take CCT's/TACP's with them in order to deal with air. i know that you all can do it yourselves so im not trying to downplay that.

i know there have been teams who work with USMC ANGLICO units and was wondering how either force is picked to work with the team? is it all the matter of who is on hand in the AO or is it just a choice made at the company or battalion level

also does anyone notice any significant differences in these two groups
You will find that the capability of providing terminal guidance is not only practiced by the CCT/TACPs...nor are they required for all aspects of close air support. While the level of knowledge (airframe, ordnance, tactics, delivery techniques...etc...but hey,in the case of a TACP it's HIS full time job) may be greater it is not beyond the capability of others to perform this task.

The Air Force provides a service by meeting a requirement and manning the positions, if they roll with the team it is because they are the guy that the AF chose.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote