View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 17:14   #3
Bigblue
Asset

My apologies

I am aware of the courses a 97B could attend so I was pretty much asking about those likely to be sent to or those that would be beneficial. I have been focusing on running and am looking to improve my swim skills. I am not ABN Qualified so I know that would logically be the first step. I have worn the Maroon beret without wings and it is not a good feeling. A prior unit had little money to actually fund the school and it was dismissed as MI "wont be jumping into combat anyway" "You will have to drive down to Bragg on your own time and dime to stay qualified" ,etc...

I was pretty much looking for general experiences of what occurs on the Combatant Command level as opposed to unit level and have a pretty good idea. I have heard stories from old Battle Buddies and others but their experiences were all dated. Most of the MI soldiers that I know well are all contractors now. One is a MICECP who is TDY everytime I turn around and hard to keep up with. I have applied for the MICECP program as well (my civilian career is boring but pays well) but Intel for SOF interests me.
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote