View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 00:41   #5
TooTall
Asset

This is an issue weighing on me as well. Trouble is it's not going to be entirely up to me. Having just moved back to Ohio after being in Maryland for two years, I had hoped to get into the NG SF unit at Rickenbacker. My old unit hasn't been to Iraq yet, and last week there was a tentative mobilization time line and training schedule sent out. I have to complete three drills with the 19th before I can transfer in, which basically means that by that time my transfer will need to be cleared by a general somewhere at the 99th whose only concern is going to be making numbers right. The RST forms for the three drills have already been filled out and approved. Would I just be shooting myself in the foot to get to that point in training and then go party in Iraq for a year? I mean, It'd be a good experience, and the guys in the ammo section are trustworthy even if the rest of the unit is a bit shaky, not to mention they need people and I'm bloodthirsty loyal to the First Sergeant and Brigade Comander. But I feel that I have a duty to go SF if I think I can get selected. Any thoughts?
TooTall is offline   Reply With Quote