Thread: Attachments
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 13:09   #3
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

As this borders on TTP this answer will be generic and probably not much help. The best thing you can do is first get a briefing from whatever command lash up established this relationship with the element, or a representative of the unit or command, with which you will be working. The next thing is to make sure that what you bring to the dance is the best possible team fully capable of performing the mission for which you have been selected. The third thing is to remember who you are and why you are there and that you are obviously going to enhance an identified capability or help overcome a short coming of the team to which you are going to be attached. Now as to what you can expect, that is up to the team with which you are going to be working. However, if you would be coming to me your folks would be integrated into my security plan, be given a dump on how we operate and where you fit in, trained up on those aspects in which I felt you might need to survive and contribute to the accomplishment of our collective mission, and definition of who does what to whom and why because rank in the field is not the deciding factor on who makes decisions or provides the rules and enforces the rules of the road. Further, I am not going to accept you at face value, I am going to have to be sure that you are going to be an asset and not a liability and regardless of who sent you or why I will not allow you to put any of my folks in jeopardy for any reason. Don't want to sound harsh or seem arogant here, it is just the way I operate. But then, I am who I am and most folks out there are not as nice or as understanding as I am