Thread: On 18x failure
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 06:16   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlines
Crip: Thanks for your reply. The reason I ask is because I'd be interested in becoming a Military Intelligence Officer if indeed I am overestimating my mental and physical capabilities and fail 18x. Perhaps it takes heart more than anything.

I do have one other question I can't find a straight answer to. I'll be graduating college in a year and I plan on either attending OCS or enlisting 18x. On goarmy.com it states "Applicants applying for Active Army OCS will serve three years upon commissioning."

Now, if my interest lies in becoming an SF Officer, I'm told one can either go through 18x first then put in an application for OCS, or, one can go through OCS first, then, with an Option 40, go 18x. Assuming the latter is correct, can anyone give me a timeline on how long it would take to go 18x after OCS? Would I "try out" as soon as OCS is completed?

If anyone has an idea, or can give me some pointers as to what the best routes may be, I'd be grateful.
blood:

You clearly lack a solid understanding of Ranger, SF, and commissioned options. You are coming across as some sort of badgefinder.

You need to do some more reading and research.

If you fail at SFAS, as has been stated many times here, you will be reassigned as an 11B as the Army's needs require. You will not get any further choice in the matter. Once you have arrived at your infantry unit and fulfilled stabilization requirements, other options may be open to you.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote