Thread: On 18x failure
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 06:16   #4
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlines
If anyone has an idea, or can give me some pointers as to what the best routes may be, I'd be grateful.
Well you will probably not be too grateful for this, but from what I read of your post it seems to me that you have some soul searching to do. It appears to me that you really need to decide what it is you are looking for in life. Most of the information you seek has been covered in this forum and you can find it using your search button. The path to SF is not guaranteed for anyone, is not suitable for everyone, and requires a commitment of total immersion into a culture and vision that lies beyond most folk's comprehension. While your interest is commendable you need to define your goals and set yourself to achieving them. Even the title of your post indicates a lack of confidence in your abilities-that alone will set you up for failure. While understanding the options is important understanding the commitment you are going to be required to make is more important, so I echo Cric's comments and suggest you do a lot more reading and a lot less fretting about the what ifs. If you do that you will find that there is no relationship between 18X and the Officer track. You will also find that almost a 6 years voyage after becoming an officer of even completing SF training assuming you can be released by your branch, are selected to attend, and successfully complete training.