View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 17:49   #22
Green Light
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by alright4u View Post
1LT Rousch, not Heinz K, who was KIA at CCN after the IV Corps Mike Force, plus Harve Saal and Lyle Sloan were on the O&I committee In the mid to late 70's., I recall when Rousch got his direct commission from my CO as he went to A503 where Shriver had started.

Sometime ago, I was asked about a SOG Recon manual. I made a few calls. Sure enough one or two blue books were written by these men.

We had a lot of extremely sharp 11F4S's. I had one who briefed senior officers at Division level plus better then field grade MI officers. He was from Oki and TDY to us. I will never forget Dale Libby as he had been to every course from the triple 6 to you name it. He used to pick the lock on the SADM TS Docs. I just shook my head. We still used Fort Hollabird, MD in 69. Glad the O&I guys are still tops.
I was on the same team as Harve in the city. I considered myself a pretty good intel guy, but he was incredible. I learned more from him than I did in O&I. I was sorry to hear that he'd passed on.

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote