View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 17:54   #25
frostfire
Area Commander

thank you folks!

Best wishes to anyone pursuing this 100+ years old tab. I will guarantee this though. Tab or no tab, in the journey you WILL become a better trigger puller. Master Gene Econ wrote once "train the eyes to see and the finger to move." Well, now that I am back to two-handed shooting, I see "things" I had never seen before. Did a bill drill with G26, regular 1-2-3-4-5 pace and I could see the front sight movement the entire time and shell ejection. All holes fit to half dollar bill with some touching. It's jedi kind of weird, but slinging lead to 3 inches circle at 25 yards one handed five times in 10 seconds will force you to develop to that level. I see massive improvement in rifle run and gun as well. Even the 3-gun champion SMU guy I met concurred as he told me now he can call his shots better just by recognizing how his last-second squeeze feel, and make subsequent correction immediately.

As a side note from the national match, God bless THE Rob Leatham. It takes a true professional coming from a discipline winning multiple world championship to another where you get a**kicked year after year. Very humble and knowledgeable guy. He and a few AMU action shooter switching to bullseye verify my suspicion that it's easier to teach someone accurate to go faster than someone faster to slow down and be more accurate. Rob did make the 100th in one year. I asked him what brought him to this non-youtube-worthy-slighly-better-than-watching-grass-grow discipline, and he answered " a moment of weakness"

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC

Last edited by frostfire; 07-09-2017 at 18:05.
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote