View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 14:35   #18
frostfire
Area Commander

thank you for the kind words, gents

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018commo View Post
Congratulations, well deserved. I just started my journey down the Service Rifle rabbit hole, hope to see you at Camp Atterbury some day.
AO sends
rabbit hole is the perfect description. For anyone stubborn or masochistic enough to pursue this, learn from my example of poor intel. Truthfully, I went all in thinking there is one hundred NEW tab earners each year. How hard can it be? Shoot in top 100 out of 500 to 1500 competitors. Big deal...

Imagine my look of shock when I discovered the first year I went that there are only 5 to 15 new tabs each year. The rest are friggin badge/tab protector AMU and Marines shooting team, then there are folks who've shot longer than I've lived with twice my age and bmi and have nothing better to do but reload that perfect-one-hole-accuracy-with-near-zero recoil out of their 1911's
So it's like going to sapper, ranger, ect with 90% of your peers voting you off from the get go!

now I see why it took some 10+ years to earn it and for most they never got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Well done! Let's be honest, though--you pulled a shot or two in past competitions, waiting until you could get the right guy to sign your letter.
You Sir, have a keen eye/mind for subtleties. From now on that will be my answer to anyone asking what took me so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Yup. Half way there.

Seriously - Congratulations. You certainly worked long enough and hard enough to earn it.
(You sticking around - or going back up - for the rifle match? Maybe making it a twofer this year?)
Not shooting the rifle. Going to get distinguished first and get more experience. Perry is the ultimate cross/tail wind galore from hell. Now that my hold and squeeze are squared away, I have to get my wind/mirage reading(even while shooting) dead on. Hopefully the 3gun/prs bug doesn't get me first though....

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC

Last edited by frostfire; 07-05-2017 at 21:16.
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote