Thread: Bad Toelz
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 04:00   #17
12B4S
Quiet Professional

The Bavarians celebrated aaaaaaalot of 'holidays'. Fasching was a biggin'. As I remember ( through "my celebration help") Was that....... at the end of Fasching, a Bayern male should be able to go down to the Isar, hold his wallet in the river to wash it out. BECAUSE, he had NO money left.

When I celebrated with them........the first part was great, alot of drinking and partying. As I remember, Fasching does have something to do with Lent. (No, I'm not Googling...... there was a time way back when, that the net didn't exist.)

Thing was, I had/have a wallet. Yet, still to this day as then, I don't carry it, nor have I ever put bills in it.

The Toelzers I was with figured since I had no wallet, I'd need to rinse my pockets in the river. Being as it was a once a year Religious custom and they were great friends, I went into the Isar and rinsed and washed my frickin' pockets. It was the third or so week in Nov. Air was cold, the water was cold, after the 'cleansing' it was frickin' FRIGID. But hey. I got free drinks for months afterwards. Not to mention ........other 'stuff'.

I was in my early twenties then. Would I do the same thing 30 some odd years later?

Absofuckinlutley!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 12B4S; 08-24-2005 at 00:28.
12B4S is offline   Reply With Quote