Thread: Gunfight Rules
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 17:44   #6
alphamale

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
I don't like # 8 on the first set.
Because... Because using time to create distance could be at too big an opportunity cost? (i.e., other things are more important)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambush Master
And FS, be careful in here using the "S" word !!!
Sir it could be hazardous to your shins to teach me something without revealing the full implications! I am wayyy too influenceable for that! One sentence uttered by someone was enough to cause me to question a conclusion I had which in term sent me into a totally absorbing mission for the past 2 years!

Now you had better PM me with the full implications of that usage! Keep in mind that my parents restricted my television viewing to The Math Network, and I've spent most of my life since school on a plane or in another classroom (including 1 class in the school of hard knocks!) I had to ask someone what was the reference to the "2 men enter, 1 leaves" thing that NDD said. I thought it was a common drill that I missed out on in all these classes!

re: Gunfight rules

How 'bout simply:

"Bring a gun"

Though for that list, everyone already has one by default.

I **really** like that one, because it seems so many people get guns that are wayyyy too big to be comfortable to carry, then they leave them in the safe instead of being prepared.

In a grocery store, I ran into one of the LEOs and competitive shooters that I did Tuesday evening drills with before I moved. He was off duty and I didn't think was carrying. So I lightly frisked him and tapped the inside of his ankles with my foot.
Then I told him in priss mode,
It's OK. _You_ can call 911. _I'll_ take the door.
and of course later declared that he owed me a box of 9mm FMJ.

Last edited by alphamale; 08-22-2004 at 17:47.