View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 07:24   #32
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Well, I guess most of you realize that I can take a pummeling and so I'm willing to give voice to some unpopular views: Yeah we separated from the Monarchy in 1776! But let's step back for a moment and recognize that the Monarchy representing the British Empire has existed for nearly 1,000 years. More than any other institution in human history. Advancing Christian values, the sanctity of the individual, teaching governance, introducing economic capitalism around the world and lifting the poor from poverty on every continent are just a few of the accomplishments.

As the longest serving Monarch, Queen Elizabeth II oversaw the "decolonization" of the Empire, once again, largely to the advancement of individual freedoms. To be sure there were colossal failures of the new nation states. But rather than wag our collective fingers at the Monarch for such failures, we would have been well advised to take a lesson and not attempt to democratize other nation states as we have tried in the Middle East for instance.

As a conservative Populist, my political views couldn't be further from those of a monarchist! But when I step back and examine the historical impact of the Monarchy of the British Empire and QEII's role, I am humbled and in my opinion, she truly stood for duty honor and country in the representation of her institution. There is only one other person in my lifetime, that so thoroughly stood for duty, honor, and country in the representation of his institution. Yeah that's right, I just drew a connection between Gen Douglas MacArthur and Queen Elizabeth II.

I am sure they are both resting in God's grace and deservedly so.

Let the pummeling begin.
Well said.

QEII may be the last of the monarchs who will be remembered for their humanity.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote