View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 17:32   #23
dualforces
Asset

I maybe be able to offer some insights. I work with Nike, VANS, and the gaming industry within what is referred to as the Global Influencer area. This area is the Tip of The Spear, so to speak, within culture, arts and commodities. Without getting too philosophical, I do see the major impediment to SM or any consumable created with intent on influence, is governmental layers. Much like Nike. The global influencer groups within large corps. hire my company almost as proxy to speak to the discerning consumer. Communications, product, consumables are highly sophisticated within our flat, hyper consuming world. Nike or other brands want authenticity that can only exist with a language spoken by the man on the ground.

Great discussion. I think a helpful way to re-model the thought, is to think of SM not just as a cyber paradigm. SM with influence can start with cyber and continue its life cycle into, say a pair of sneakers or film. Close the loop with a tangible and keep feeding. All the components need to align through focused branding to make it through all the noise.

This is an example of AQ utilizing an influencer media outlet with huge bandwidth>
VICE: British Nationals Fight with al Qaeda in Syria
http://youtu.be/7jD146Rx80k

Funny thing, I've actually contacted SOCOM to participate or formulate something for VICE around SF. My request made it through one email.

Feel free to contact me if I can give a hand. Cross pollination of ideas, industries, is much in need.
dualforces is offline   Reply With Quote