View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 22:07   #4
lksteve
Quiet Professional

things i have done as an SF engineer....

taught two stations for the 11B/C SQT and EIB test...(employment of the M72A2 LAW and 4.2 inch mortar FDC)...advised the 39th Engr. Bn. on the construction of the kiddie jump tower...which i ran during Armed Forces day and during the 39th's organization day...built picnic tables...removed a tree stump from the golf course...taught basic math during detachment cross training...did so well at that, was roped into teaching basic math to foreign wives for the NCO wives' club (don't ask...let's just say some CSMs have a lot of pull)..advised and assisted with the maintenance and reconstruction of both 34' jump towers and obstacle courses...range NCOIC for a mortar range, because the 11B/Cs were busy training...constructed mortar pits (some folks seem to have an allergy to shovels)...conducted the measurements necessary to conduct parachute operations from rotary winged aircraft (being a jumpmaster helped, but i was tasked because i was an engineer)...hanging all the posters and charts in the team room...making pigeon holes for distribution in the team room...helped the guys from support company self-recover a 2 1/2 ton truck stuck in the mud...drove a 5 ton dump truck to sand a road...designed (if you want to call it that) PSP helicopter landing pads...poured new sidewalk by the B team headquarters...repaired the hot water heater in the team house...installed a new junction box in the team house...booby trapped an outhouse...helped the B team SGM hot wire his car...repaired shingles on the B team headquarters roof...taught basic explosives recognition to local police agencies...taught demolitions to reserve SF...taught advanced demolitions to conventional engineers...taught weaoons guys to count past ten...taught the XO how to open the door...and as Pete said, i was able to teach anything the weapons guys could teach...

then on Tuesday....
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote