View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 20:31   #9
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
OKAY on the real side now...

First off in all side pockets (arms & Legs pockets) 1ea CAT or SOFT Tourniquets; 5 total with one in Chest area. If I'm driving the lead V... I have 1 to 2 ea on my legs (Thighs) if needed, road IED threat. GMVs, M1114s get smokey FAST.

I go for something on side of my kit, waist level. What my Tm Medic hands out. Something along these lines.

2ea "Isreali" Fld Dressings
2ea kerlix gauze
2ea Chest Dressing
2ea Non-latex gloves
1ea Pill Pack
1ea 3" roll coban gauze
1ea 4" Elastic (ACE) Bandage
1ea Medical Shears (not in IFAK, I carry it center of chest area)
1ea Pk Petroleum gauze
1ea one 28fr nasopharyngeal airway with lubricant packet
1ea hemostatic gauze Pk

SS

No problem on the why, what and hows..

2ea "Isreali" Fld Dressings ( better & easyer than the standard Mil Field Dressing. Has everything rolled up into one)
2ea kerlix gauze (Pack those GSW.. Takes at least 3 rolls IMHO-E)
2ea Chest Dressing (Asherman Chest Seal is the one issues.. Which SUCK IMHO.. When Rick sold his Company the new "Owners" changed the Dressing Adhesive so now they suck)
2ea Non-latex gloves
1ea Pill Pack [(Mobic 15mg, Acetaminophen 1000mg, and Gatafloxacin 400mg) is the standard issued "drugs" help for that first med "Boost" for the PATs body]
1ea 3" roll coban gauze (Helps make stuff (Dressings) stick when needed)
1ea 4" Elastic (ACE) Bandage [Hold back those Field Pressure dressing and all that Kerlix for thos enasty GSW]
1ea Medical Shears (not in IFAK, I carry it center of chest area) [Cut all he clothes that are around those open wounds, Shapnel and GSWs]
1ea Pk Petroleum gauze (Aids in Chest wound GSW or Shapnel holes-sealing them)
1ea one 28fr nasopharyngeal airway with lubricant packet (Air way through your Nose) [Body needs air and water to OP(live)]
1ea hemostatic gauze Pk [(Quick Clot, HemCon, or TraumaDex) Helps to stop all that red liquid running out of those openings in your body] I know DOCs Surgeons don't like what is can or does to tissue. But....

I would like to add.. Military wise. It helps to have a IFAK, Med Bag, Blow out bag that can be PULLED off the persons BA. It speeds up the Medical Process. That guys BA will be taken off and thrown to the side and now you have to go looking for his IFAK-BOB.

PROs and CONs to both. Just my .02

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote