View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 05:32   #33
bubba
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
When Trump calls for His supporters to RALLY around Him. Is that an insurrection ?
From Webster’s dictionary:

in·​sur·​rec·​tion | \ ˌin(t)-sə-ˈrek-shən \
Definition of insurrection
: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

re·​volt | \ ri-ˈvōlt also -ˈvȯlt \
revolted; revolting; revolts
Definition of revolt

intransitive verb
1 : to renounce allegiance or subjection (as to a government) : REBEL
2a : to experience disgust or shock
b : to turn away with disgust

transitive verb
: to cause to turn away or shrink with disgust or abhorrence

revolt noun
Definition of revolt
1 : a renouncing of allegiance (as to a government or party)
especially : a determined armed uprising
2 : a movement or expression of vigorous dissent

So if a Political Candidate / Figure / Persona calls for the LEGAL “replacement of representation” through election (s), then I guess it could be if used in the broadest use of the word, but that would then include pretty much EVERY opposition candidate’s position (s)…..

“I will NOT. EAT. MY. PEAS! And Box CAN’T make me!”

ETA: Revolt is the root word of “Revolution”….. and the last time we had one of those, a group of tyrants were confiscating guns, censoring our news, having show-trials, taxing us relentlessly, and searching our homes without legal justification.….. just sayin’……
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 08-15-2022 at 07:08.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote