View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 12:40   #126
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean King View Post
And frankly, so are you. What have I done specifically to wrong you personally? Yes, I didn't do a proper introduction when I posted here for the first time. I acknowledged my error, corrected it and then apologized for it. What else is required? Let me know, and I'll try to accomodate your request. If it's that I search more....I did....and I'll explain that shortly.

You've now started what can only be termed a 'witchhunt' about my 'searching' judging by your post in the "Harsey on the Beach" thread and now this one.

Well, let's just lay it all out on the table and you can go about banning me after if you'd like. But, I WILL say my piece.

First of all, I didn't START a new thread. In fact, I haven't started ANY threads. I replied to an exsisting one. There's a difference. You're making it seem as if I'm going around the board starting new threads asking questions that have already been asked and that's neither a fair representation or at all accurate.

Second, this thread is titled: "Knife Steels-Material Science" and would therefore be a good place to post a question discussing the merits of one steel versus another for comparison purposes, don't cha think??

Third, there are only a very few posts (specifically #38-41) that even really discuss ANYTHING about D2 steel in this thread (we'll get to other threads in a moment). I read this thread a few days ago before I posted in this one at all. I just re-read it again, to see if your accusations had any merit. They do not. My questions were not covered, so I asked. I was taught that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask....if I don't ask, I won't learn anything, especially using this search engine (more on that later as well).

Fourth, nowhere in this thread is CPM154 (or 154-CM if you prefer) and D2 steel directly compared; which is why I posted in this thread in the first place. Isn't a question like mine something someone might want to know in the future? Wouldn't a search pop up this thread and help someone else find the answer? I did search. Where do you think I came up with "...D2 is not really considered stainless, it doesn't usually have a great looking finish, and has excellent edge holding..."? Part of it is from what I read here as well as what I researched on the net. And yes, before you go off on my reading comprehension....I realize that you and Mr. Harsey discussed the carbide size requiring a thicker edge, and is therefore harder to get really sharp, but Mr. Harsey still said, "D-2 is a legitimate knife blade steel." and commented that he could still make very good knives from it. What I didn't get from your discussion was any reference point about CPM154 vs. D2. Can you understand where I'm coming from?

Fifth, perhaps my search foo is weak? This search engine leaves a LOT to be desired. Instead of giving hits on specific posts where the search term is used, it gives entire threads. These threads can be several pages long and it doesn't highlight the search term other than bolding it in white....not very conducive to finding information compared to other software. For example, when I search D2 steel, or D2 vs CPM154 or D2 vs 154-CM using the normal or advanced search engine on this site, I get all kinds of threads....but none of the thread titles short of this one would give any indication that D2 steel vs. CPM154 is the topic of the discussion (and to be fair, this one doesn't either...but it is the most likely one in which material differences would be the topic of conversation). Since I had read the whole thread (twice now) can you recommend a thread I should've looked at for this specific comparison? I didn't even see any with the term "D2" in the title.

Sixth, post number 118 is essentially a similar question to my own....but you didn't jump that poor guy for asking it. Why? He's asking the difference between his Randall's stainless steel and CPM-S30V. What's the difference betwen his comment and my own?

Seventh, you knew darn well that I wouldn't be able to search for the "pepper" reference I innocently asked about in the Harsey on the Beach thread. Yet you baited me with the question about "search button not working?". I responded as curteously as I could, when I was pretty sure that your tone was not a friendly one just as this latest volley wasn't.

My attitude is a direct reflection of your tone. I understand that the written word is a hard medium to convey meaning without misinterpretations, but how else am I supposed to take your comments to me?

Look, you've taken a dislike to me. I get it. I'm not sure why, but whatever. I'm reasonably sure you'll say you really don't care and neither do I. I actually enjoy your little jabs at my expense. It's interesting to probe the psyche of someone like you.

Let me tell you a little about me now....you might as well ban me (if you have the power) or get me banned by someone who does.....not because I'm going to be rude but b/c I just will not drop the issue. I am the most stubborn person you'll ever have the misfortune of meeting. I didn't do anything wrong by asking about "peppers" and I didn't do anything wrong by asking about the differences in two knife steels in this, a knife steel material science thread, and I will not budge on that. Say what you will and ban me if you must. I know whatever you can muster up as "punishment" is really irrelevant anyway....this is just the internet.

Lastly, the easiest way to shut me up (short of banning me) is to ignore me. JFYI.

If this is the last time I'm allowed to post, have a nice life. If, on the other hand, you want to discuss this further, reply here or PM me....as I'm sure this wasn't the appropriate place for this commentary and it will be deleted, but I thought it only fair that I be given the same public opportunity to rebutt your allegations.

Good day,

Sean King

For a supposed engineer you ain't too smart. When you hit the "search" button it gives you two options, "show threads" or "show posts", if you're having a hard time reading let me know.

And for your information the Reaper has the means to ban you in in a Texas heartbeat, that he already didn't must mean he's killed something today and has already satisfied that urge.

If he doesn't end up banning you I probably will. It also seems you didn't read the introductions thread either..... I've highlighted something that should interest you...

"What Professional Soldiers ® is - The first thing to understand is that site is directed primarily to the Special Forces Soldier, and those interested in the SF life-style. It is our site and if you are not a member of the Special Forces, you are a guest. We welcome discussion - we demand respect be shown to all members and we will show you the same, provided you demonstrate you deserve. Respect is earned not decreed."

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ement.php?f=68

Board rule #7;

7. Think before you post. Post something unintelligent and we’ll let you know. Post something unintelligent twice and you’ll be gone. We ask no quarter and none will be given.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ead.php?t=3452

Mouth off again and you are gone.

Team Sergeant