View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 06:36   #8
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

And the one shot stop myth keeps going...

I've had a fellow from my Bn cap a guy with a 9mm and get a one shot dead stop. This article seems to just perpetuate the myth. Stats from Vietnam make the 5.56 (which used to fragment until the green tip came around) much more effective than the 7.62x39 (which passes right through the body). You can kill with a .22 short or a .50 cal if you hit the right place. As with property, goes shooting. Location. Location. LOCATION!

By the way the author said that getting hit by a ZSU (23mm) would just make an iron-smelling cloud. Blood doesn't smell like iron, it smells like copper. I would expect a medic (never saw credentials on that article) to know that.

I could go on but,
Quote:
Some kill. Some don't. All hurt.
Pretty much covers it. That's why you shoot until your target goes down, then add a few more for GP. Repeat as needed.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote