View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 05:00   #6
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adal View Post
This bridge looks like a Double - Double. My beginning army time was a medic with an engineer battalion. I spent enough time Heaving that I got a 12C secondary.

Bridge looks too low with no decent footings. (Or no plan if the water got that high.)

Bridged many a gap with that damn thing.
Adal I saw that, together with the width and length they were reaching, practically a thru truss bridge. Difficult situation for the abutments and anchors with such little contour and the heavy rains I assume they get from time to time.

Sounds like you got a fair share of repairing hands and fingers then.

Moving forward they may want to consider a Mabey Bridge, developed by a former manufacturer of the Bailey Bridge but has permanent applications. https://www.mabeybridge.com/products...dging-overview

I certainly have sympathy for people going through hurricanes however IIRC there was some questionable governance regarding the 2017 events…*

Here is a cool (-20f) application of a Bailey Bridge still in use. The location is old Camp Hale, training area for the 10th Mountain Division and 99th Infantry Battalion Separate during WWII. The remaining foundations of the main hall/ gymnasium can be seen in the background. Typical use in this case is for pedestrians, snow mobiles and Razor type vehicles.

Edit: * https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproje...ne-outages.amp
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D53A774B-1762-42F7-8EC2-76C388265FC7.jpeg (106.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpeg 9A280C29-BC7B-4286-B583-F2FF6EF94F47.jpeg (73.9 KB, 17 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 09-24-2022 at 17:50.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote