View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 18:32   #39
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Once again, BO, we are thinking alike. (This is getting scary weird, so stop it. )
I was thinking almost exactly the same thing, but more in reference to Twitter.

I signed up for a Twitter account several months ago as an experiment to pulse attitudes, etc. particularly the 20-30 yo age group. One of the things that I noticed (or think that I noticed) is that as you post and develop a posting history, select folks to follow, and accrue followers, that Twitter segregates you into groups of of like minded users and isolated from the rest of the Twitterverse.

I doubt that SM can be used to mobilize protests or revolutions as was the original question of this thread. However, it would appear that SM could be useful in mapping groups that are potential assets or potential targets.

Might be interesting to try this as a little experiment.
As far as the Twitter, just go to BING.com and on the main page look for MAPS, then on the left side look for MAP APPS.. then scroll down and look for and click at TWITTER MAPS box. This typically will not work on mobile devices, not on my IPad. You can download the "app" but I wouldn't. Also, don't click this if your a daily twitter user unless you want everyone to see you. I say make a new account to look around in detail. You can just click on the bing twitter map, this will let you see every in your vicinity is tweeting about. If you are a FB person and leave yourself log on, didn't with BING (IMO) it will absorb your FB Account, so log out of FB before using BING IMO.

BING TWITTER MAP

Bing twitter map is more of a business "interface" app or feature. It is for business' to load it (link on their URL) onto their website for viewers to see what is being Talked about. I.E.: a resort loading into there web page you visit online.

So far as twitter there is a lot of business applications that can be used that will make you say wow!!

Look for a Imagery Metadata, people and posting photos. Got to love them. Especially people that do it from there work place. You just tweeted a pic of your computer desktop.. WTH?!?? There's more for this subject, Metadata later too.

[QUOTE=Trapper John;532651I doubt that SM can be used to mobilize protests or revolutions as was the original question of this thread. However, it would appear that SM could be useful in mapping groups that are potential assets or potential targets. [/QUOTE]

TRAPPER JOHN.. I'm think of doing a video to show somethings someone can do just with business apps or websites to see what people are "talking" about or posting there pictures. Which is nothing more that what many business are doing to drive up sales, bring in clients, or spread the word or to "hash tag" something they want pushed. If a business can get people talking about something, or get people following their "hash tags" or discussions. Do you think with your background and training think you could direct someone with the knowledge, and/or expertise in using trending "hash tags" for other means?

One thing to keep in mind, I guess this isn't just about the thread subject. But how you, IMNSHO, is/are being looked at by businesses in many ways. It's not all about your VIP Grocery key chain card, they can do it if you're big into SM platforms.

So with that, I'm a believer that we, SOF, and the military can use SNA in many ways.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote