Thread: Tm Sgt Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 10:01   #14
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Frost Fire posted this in the Happy Thought Thread but many of the points made belong here, I think.
The points made and the attitude/professionalism displayed deserve wider disemination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
. . . FT Bragg represents the best and cleans the house at a recent trauma course. Distinguished honor grad, honor grad and all

It's a challenging course with 1.5years+ grad school material compacted into < 5 months. Being the most junior and inexperienced student, I was shaking in my boots to say the least when we got the books and syllabus. By His grace, it was doable. One day at a time, one page at a time.

I'll attest to the applicability of lessons learned from my mentors and this site outside selection: Don't be late, last, lost, light, or lippy, do the best you can, pay attention do details, don't FTFSI, and practice selflessness. The last one is the best as not only I survived, but thrived, never whined, volunteered to lead PT and be S6, and was able to tutor officer and enlisted alike, giving back mother army more than the expected ROI.
Attitude of gratitude and beggars can't be choosers went a long way too
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote