View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 10:35   #6
D9 (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Excellent. Thanks for your help. I'm looking into those as we speak. Also looking at District 20 in N Colorado Springs but guessing the commute would be difficult.

Thanks.

As for pissing people off, LOL, it's a family based deal. The stepchildren need distance from Dad so they can get a little continuity during the school year. When you're telling a 6 year old that your going to put a bullet in the head of her stepfather, or he's going to die in Iraq, or soldiers usually beat their stepkids, it's time to move. He's got 2 DUIs and a domestic violence arrest. He fancies himself the Tony Soprano of Largo, FL.

Forget how I'd like to handle it if the kids weren't in the middle. They need a change of pace so they're not over there getting emotionally wrecked every third day. The guy has no ability to differentiate between feeding his wounded ego and the interests of his kids. I've been nobly silent up to this point, which is easier considering he's as brave as a titmouse whenever I'm around in person. But that can't last forever. A military move - so our attorney tells us - will be looked upon favorably by the court in terms of new visitation arrangements.

So will 3 months unpaid child support.