Thread: Team priorities
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 09:53   #12
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

my .02 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisw View Post
...As both TR and PBF discuss, the correct priority should be at all times, “what is best for the team”. ...I believe your list should be memorized by all new QP’s and inculcated as a part of their modus operandi.
The items listed by NDD, in part, were listed to me by my Stu Co TAC. We were told what to expect from being on a team, what we could expect, and what the team would expect of us. There are some really good instructors in SWTG(A) who take their job seriously and try to instill some of the values listed here in their Candidates; it is unfortunate mare arent taking what they have to say seriously. And despite this, there are still those who are looking for badges, tabs, and wanting the cool schools/assignments as soon as they get to Group.

A couple of us here know of a young SGT who showed up in the Gp SGM's office and proceeded to tell him he wanted to either go to a Scuba team or the Advanced CQB team and had no desire to serve anywhere else. He got neither and is now a SF Tabbed team leader in the 82nd.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 01-27-2008 at 14:15.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote