View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 17:05   #7
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

BEK1411:

GJ is surely the place to stay away from if you dont ave an excess of money. I managed to pick up a few things for my father's shadow box and some new socks. Then D9 twisted my arm once we made our way over to the Wellco factory outlet and I ended up buying another pair of boots. Like I need more than I have now.

Now as to Rucks; I dont plan on modifying the one I have other than buying a new frame. The one I have is darn near shot. I was thinking about purchasing the molded frame instead of another aluminum one, but needed some feedback on them in particular.

The one that young Paratrooper was picking up looked pretty HSLD, but I have no need for that stuff yet, as the standard large I have hauls the 55lbs of sand I have in it just fine. The sand does not take up much room so I would accomplish by modifying it is add more room to store air in. lol

As for other packs, I have a STOMP II that was given to me and so far I love that thing. I actually moved my personal medical gear from an Pacific LSP bag to it and I have room left over. I have not put it through the ringer like some of the SF and Ranger medics have put their bags through, but it is holding up thus far and I am pretty rough on my stuff. And since it was given to me I dont suppose I can complain about it any.

Who makes the SPEARS pack? You like it thus far?

Thanks Brien for your insight. Any others?

James D

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote