View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 08:58   #5
South
Asset

Thank you for your responses gentlemen.

To clarify I don't want to swap flight school for contracting; but get started on things to pad my resume for contracting in the future. Eventually, being NG, I'd like to see if I could set up a situation with my command where I either take IRR to go contract for a year or do 3 month rotations (meeting flight minimums on my months off.) The end goal would be either flying as a contractor or having enough experience at the end of my new contract to do other higher paying contracts like PSD or something.

I haven't known any personally but I have heard of many guardsmen (including officers) getting this setup to work so I'm not too worried about that. If all else fails I can always take IRR time to go contract.
I guess to boil it down I'd like to know some good things to do in order to make myself competitive in the next 2-3 years. Every job I see requires extensive experience in said field. While I'm not anyone off the street and have extensive military experience it's just not particularly what the employers are looking for it seems.

Thank you sfshooter I will try to learn the art of resumes lol. Flight school will definitely be my primary focus for FY22-23.
Habakkuk 3:17-19
South is offline   Reply With Quote