Thread: Dinner
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 19:42   #5
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Badger the way people roast coffee beans I’m surprised the roasters haven’t made a resurgence, it use to smell so good. I could rarely afford them but remember the smell. Out West the roasted and roasted and salted peanuts in Safe… are inedible hard to believe they are sold at all and haven’t found big quantities of raw in the shell peanuts. I thought it was interesting you can buy big quantities here in the south of the raw peanuts but then read these were for boiling. Some here in the South come from New Mexico if all places. In Idaho I found big bags at the feed store and they were delicious but then I read not for human consumption which made me wonder about how they were fertilized?

There is a scene in Cold Mountain where a man is roasting peanuts on an grill and handing them out to soldiers in paper wrappers.

IIRC they offered cashews and pistachios…

As a side note as tasty as some of the Mountain House meals are I concluded they don’t seem to digest that well so I try to add some non freeze dried additions in hopes that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1EFC3BD7-D2FA-4AE5-AD07-BB983862588E.jpeg (21.6 KB, 31 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 06-08-2022 at 20:52.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote