View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 19:07   #9
Jgood
Quiet Professional
 
Jgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Currently FT. Bragg
Posts: 622
just my .02

Am not sure what ur time frame is but have a few suggestions.

1st sign up for the Land Nav. correspondence course #IS0788 this will teach you the basics on how to read a map and such.

2nd get the FM that cover military Land Nav. and use it with the Corre. course

3rd when I was at bragg I think I can recall a orienteering club ethier on post or in the ville, if not am sure there is one close by that you could join.

4th look for another guy in your unit or on post that is planning on going to SFAS and try to train with them


good luck with your training hope this is of some help
__________________
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote