Thread: SOF Warrant
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 21:28   #12
lksteve
Quiet Professional
 
lksteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibilant_Ghost
I'm not sure I would desire to be commissioned, because I hear they only get a few years on a team before they make Major and are pushed over to admin work.

The new base historian here is a retired Army SF Major.. retired in 92 or 95, I think. I have had several opportunities to speak with him. His name sounds fabricated, I coudn't be sure though, and I'm not sure if they do that after retirement for security purposes.
hmm...i retired as a Major in '94...they didn't change my name...
__________________
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline