Well-
When o read that “whites” were “asking permission to see the film so as not to spoil the blackness of ‘their’ experience while ‘many of them’ were showing solidarity by showing up in African garb”
I decided this was one movie I would skip on the big screen.
Stereotypes be damned...I’ll speak with my wallet.
__________________
Primum non Nocere
"I have hung out in dangerous places a lot over the years, from combat zones to biker bars, and it is the weak, the unaware, or those looking for it, that usually find trouble.
Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
|