View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 08:11   #15
SF-TX
Quiet Professional
 
SF-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post

I’d also like to point out that these players while good at what they do, are not very good at “reading the tea leaves” and seeing 2nd and 3rd order effects of their actions.
Agreed, but the ultimate responsibility rests with the owners of the teams. I have heard, though can't confirm, that Jerry Jones told his players they will stand during the anthem, or they won't play. I haven't seen a Cowboy kneel during the anthem, but then, I don't watch NFL football anymore.
__________________
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev

Last edited by SF-TX; 09-24-2017 at 08:18.
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote