View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 23:59   #5
Flagg
Area Commander
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
I have always thought that solar weather, plasma ejections specifically, were responsible for much of our planets geothermic condition and response to the ebb and flow of solar cycles. But, without a SME credential in astrophysicist, and regardless of how often I visit with the department at Princeton University Institute of Advance Studies, to discuss such matters, a satisfactory understanding and resolution eludes me, and I've spent a lot of time on this very subject; sous vide affords long periods of contemplation.
All I know is that about 12 years ago I was outside for a very brief period on a very overcast day in a remote part of NZ and I got sunburnt like I had passed out all day in a cloudless sky.

I'm no astrophysicist, but that was a really, really strange day.

Back in 1993 I was finishing up my undergraduate thesis. I was trolling for specific source material flipping thru a binder of sequential Time Magazine issues when I stopped at an issue from 1972 questioning another ice age. I distinctly recall thinking how it was 20+ years later and no ice age.

It stuck with me. It was not long before or after I started catching the increasing environmental headlines with Al Gore.

All I know is that I can't trust the media, and ever since I somehow got nuked I get regular skin cancer checks.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote