View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 23:34   #8
Smokin Joe
Area Commander
 
Smokin Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip_Wire

To bad they (Benchmark) don't give a few hints on where to place fingers, when drawing out the knife. The only thing is the short viedo on their web site.

I'll just have to practice more with that grasp and pull rearwards. Other draws with the knife had good results. The noise when it snaps open scared the hell out of my dog.
Mr. Emerson grinds those bastards pretty sharp huh?

I'll review my Emerson Karambit videos and see if they have any suggestions. The way I draw my Karambit would not help you.

Trip_Wire,

Here is what Mr. Emerson shows in his Combat Karambit Video. Thumb is behind the blade and the fingers are on the clip.
(Sorry for the poor quality but I'm working with just me and a tri-pod)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0001.JPG (229.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0002.JPG (237.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0003.JPG (217.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0004.JPG (216.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0005.JPG (284.3 KB, 50 views)
__________________
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"

Last edited by Smokin Joe; 02-19-2005 at 01:19.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote