Thread: Deportation
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:33   #15
Razor
Quiet Professional
 
Razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 4,552
I own several vehicles. I'm required to register them every year with my state DMV. I've registered vehicles I've owned and paid the associated fees and taxes for decades, in every state in which I've lived. I'd like to think I'm a decent citizen, generally do the right thing and have raised good, responsible children. Next year, if I choose not to register the car because I don't want to sit for 3+ hours at DMV waiting to submit my paperwork and pay my fees/taxes, I would be breaking the law if I continued to drive my unregistered vehicle. If a police officer sees that I don't have the current registration sticker on my plate, he may choose to pull me over to issue me a citation. If I try to evade this traffic stop, I will very likely be arrested, charged and found guilty.

This process should surprise absolutely no one with even a passing familiarity of living within the law. How is the example of the "fearful" immigrant dad any different from the laws I must follow?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote