Quote:
|
Originally Posted by pulque
They were found uncounted (in an as of yet uncertified county). When they were found, i believe that they were gone over and counted by hand (by more than one person) but I could be wrong about that.
|
Wrong. King County "Found" those ballots after the 2nd count. They were not "mistakenly rejected" either. They were rejected because they were brought in after the certification. There is also a question as to whether or not they were cast by registered voters. This from a county that failed to send out absentee ballots until the exact legal deadline... 30 days before the election. We wouldn't want those guys in Iraq to get their ballots on time now would we? They might vote for Bush and Rossi!
And of course, we can include ballots that we "found" weeks after the election, but absentee ballots from troops are right out.
They were NEVER machine counted. They were initially counted by hand, not by the King County Elections Commissioners office, but by the King County "Democratic Central Committee" (not a good choice of names btw). I wonder what would have happened if the State GOP had suddenly shown up with 573 ballots that had been "found".
It's irrelevant anyway. Gregoire is the Governor as far as I'm concerned, at least until the State Supreme Court decides to keep her of remove her (I'm not sure if that is a legal remedy in this state). The good news is that this debacle has put Rossi in a position where he has a chance of beating Maria "Spyware Tycoon" Cantwell in the mid-term Senate race. The other good thing is that now I get to point out the blatant hypocrisy of the local liberal crowd who can no longer complain about "what the GOP did in Florida".
I said it before, and I'll say it again. This state elected / reelected Democrats in almost every State/Federal race by margins of 5-30%... we're talking hands down victories in 7 out of 9 federal seats and lord only knows how many state seats. It's clear that the people of this state wanted a democrat to be Governor, just not Gregoire.