Thread: SERE Topics
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:28   #18
The_Mentalist
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tennessee but travel the country
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietwo View Post
Best course I ever attended, hands down. The world was a different color coming out... I literally remember how bright the flag seemed when we were finally repatriated. Still a flood of emotions when I think about that moment.

War Criminal 30 and War Baby 2004 - June
as an interrogator (86-87)(asset, not staff) at SERE, you guys taught me a lot. That ceremony brought tears to my eyes each and every time. It still tugs on my heart strings to remember it. This is where I gained the most respect, which I already had quite a bit, for the SF troops. At no time in service did I ever witness as much pride in the nation as the students showed. It was emotionally the hardest thing I ever had to do and the thing I am most proud of having been a part of.

ETA: any one that went through at that time period that remembers a skinny 5'10" interrogator that often wore a foreign camo pattern uniform with a Cuban looking cap (brass on cap was 3 chrysanthemums over a bar, all gold) PM me. Would love to hear an update.

Last edited by The_Mentalist; 06-25-2013 at 07:41.
The_Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote