View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 05:39   #76
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional
 
QRQ 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Williamston, SC
Posts: 2,018
I would disagree with this statement:
Quote:
It is also hard to imagine their coming into being unless these jihadist moles are well paid. A starting salary of a quarter of a million dollars a year would be reasonable.ad."
There are many people who would do the job without money as the reason. A man who's sole motive is money is likely to be bought off if discovered. In fact there are documented cases of just that. There are two sayings concerning money: 1."Everyone has his price" and "Money is the root of all evil". They are only both true if the first is true.

God knows that money wasn't a motive when I joined Special Forces and I don't think it was for anyone. There are many and various reasons listed in the "Why did you join SF" thread but I don't recall money being one. Men of similar psychological make up are likely recruits as CIA operatives. It is the job and not the pay.


But, I digress from the subject of leadership.
__________________
Whale

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/

Last edited by QRQ 30; 12-01-2004 at 06:00.
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote