View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 14:29   #14
CRad
Guerrilla
 
CRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Loup City NE
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...cia/index.html

Bush orders CIA paramilitary review
Tuesday, November 23, 2004 Posted: 11:55 AM EST (1655 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush has ordered a 90-day review of the feasibility of the Pentagon taking over responsibility for paramilitary operations now conducted by the CIA, senior Pentagon and administration officials told CNN Tuesday.

The proposal was one of the recommendations made by the commission that investigated the September 11, 2001, attacks.


.
This wouldn't break my heart. Some of these guys don't work well with our guys. If the Pentagon was in charge that might change.

Do I want the Pentagon to control the whole ball of wax? No. I don't want it to lose any of what it has already either.

I'm coming at this from only an SF point of view since I don't know anything else. However, I recall the early 80s when SF was not separately (or adequately) funded.
__________________
Chance favors the prepared mind. Louis Pasteur
CRad is offline   Reply With Quote