Thread: Info on Mali?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 18:10   #9
Big Money
Asset
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North of where it's cold
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
You can go here and read the newspapers.

http://www.world-newspapers.com/mali.html

USAID is very active in Mali - they should have a desk officer for the region in DC and also be able to provide direct embassy contacts for follow-up information.

http://www.usaid.gov/locations/sub-s...ountries/mali/

The AmEmbassy in Mali has a web-site which can be of help, too.

http://mali.usembassy.gov/index.html

Good luck.

Richard
Thanks for the response Richard. I personally wouldn't consider the newspapers a reliable source of useful information, although I had planned on using the other sources should I get picked up for this detail. What I was hoping for, within the constraints of OPSEC, was for personal information and insights from any of my brothers here who may have had recent experiences in that AO. My initial contact (earlier today) was from Washington- while it is not that I don't trust the folks in DC, since they are asking me to help them I would suspect that the quality of information they might provide would not be comprable to what I might learn here.
__________________
"Don't talk unless you can improve the silence".
-Lawrence Coughlin
Big Money is offline   Reply With Quote